What is Bamboo?
-Invest today’s change in tomorrow-
Bamboo is a people-focused mobile application that makes microinvesting into diversified parcels of cryptographic assets easy, automated and fun. All you need is a mobile phone and a bank account to get started.
We are inspired by and admire the speed of innovation in the blockchain ecosystem. However, we have been discomforted by the fact that, unless more people gain exposure to blockchain, those innovations will only benefit a select few.
The community requires a simple, secure, accessible and global platform.
With over one thousand cryptocurrencies on the market, knowing what and how to buy is a complicated process that involves digital wallets, exchanges, passphrases, and other security requirements.
Bamboo takes the confusion and complexity away by easily facilitating the automatic purchase of a diversified portfolio of cryptographic assets with as little as one dollar. By enabling microinvestment, participation in the blockchain ecosystem becomes a simple part of our users’ daily routine.
(V1.0 – V3.0. p.28 WP)
- Set up and forget – Within minutes set up automatic contributions into cryptographic assets from everyday transactions
- Option for one time or recurring deposits into your portfolio
- BAM token runs the Bamboo backend – with fees being leveraged in BAM (p.24 WP)
- Proof of Solvency; aimed to provide a whole new meaning to transparency (p.15-17 WP)
- Globally positioned platform (set to Launch in AUS, US, CH)
- Available first on iOS devices (android to follow soon after)
- New users face overwhelming complexity in the blockchain ecosystem, and this space is becoming more nuanced every day. The Bamboo platform is an easy and safe entry point to the blockchain ecosystem. Users are encouraged to adopt a long-term participation strategy built upon regular small contributions, and by doing so will build up their holdings and their knowledge over time.
- Volatility needs to be addressed. The nature and implementation of a microinvestment methodology encourages users of the platform to gradually increase their positions over time. This approach should assist in minimising the broader market’s volatility (p.5 WP)
- Regulatory action is not only inevitable but already increasing in parallel to the ecosystem’s growth. Like many in the blockchain ecosystem, we welcome and anticipate regulatory changes in 2018 and beyond. Due to our comprehensive assessment of global regulatory frameworks and early engagement with the legal sector, we are confident in our ability to not only navigate these changes but to also assist the broader ecosystem in attaining increased certainty. (p.6 WP).
- There are two infrastructure challenges in the blockchain ecosystem: on-boarding and scalability. The blockchain ecosystem is crying out for infrastructure that not only links seamlessly to the traditional banking system but is so simple and convenient to use that anyone can gain access. With the current limitations of on-chain scaling the importance of lateral movement through the implementation of the Proof of solvency concept (p.7 WP) is key to bringing transparency and trust into the off-chain environment.