What is Rhea?
The Rhea Crypto20 index is the best representation of the crypto world’s performance. By combining the top 20, we create a less volatile product with smooth patterns. Less volatility means a safer investment!
Cryptocurrencies such as BTC and ETH have tremendous potential for growth, but are fully exposed to sharp price drops. Investing through the Crypto20 offers a more stable alternative. Options give the opportunity to profit from sharp market corrections.
By trading options on the Crypto20, you can speculate or hedge on the crypto market. Buying and selling options permits investors to monetize their broader view on the market, or vastly reduce their risk exposure. The options platform will offer European calls and puts with maturities from 1 week to 1 year and a wide range of strike prices.
Based on Rhea’s transaction fee structure, Bob will pay $2.84 to acquire a $300 put option. Following the drop in BTC, Bob’s put option will limit his total loss by $63.16. His RHT/BTC portfolio has experienced a 2.6% loss, compared to the 9% lost in the BTC-only portfolio. The Rhea platform will enable hedging of downside risk – a game changer in the world of cryptocurrencies.
This was just one of many uses for the Rhea platform. Options on the Crypto20 represent an indirect holding in cryptocurrencies, which significantly reduces the effect of a single price drop. In addition, options give the flexibility to customize the size and duration of your exposure.
Rhea’s ICO is divided into 5 stages each with a different discount factor. The maximum available supply will be 50 million tokens, 85% of which will be offered to investors. The remaining 15% will be used for liquidity provision and long term reserve. We strongly believe in fair dealing, which is why we will not retain any tokens for the founding team.
The ICO will be considered successful when 5.5 million RHT (12.5% of the maximum supply) are sold to investors. We consider this the minimum liquidity threshold to efficiently operate the trading platform.